WHQ support a diversity of women including people who:
- are culturally and linguistically diverse
- are or have experiences of violence or trauma
- are experiencing disadvantage
- are living with/impacted by disability
- have diverse bodies, sexualities and genders
- have been criminalised
- are unable to speak openly about their health issues
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- live in a rural, regional or remote area
- who may otherwise not have access to support.
Vision and mission
WHQ’s purpose is to advance the health and wellbeing of all Queensland women.
WHQ’s vision is that all women have safe and inclusive communities in which they are resourced to live their best lives.
How Women’s Health Queensland can help
Women’s Health Queensland make quality, evidence-based health information and education accessible to Queensland women so that they have the confidence to make informed decisions about their health and enjoy healthy living at every stage of life.
Women can also ask health questions on the website, stay in touch via the Women’s Health Facebook page, or watch videos on YouTube.
Information / help lines
- Call 1800 017 676 (toll free from outside Brisbane) Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm weekdays (except Wednesday, 12.30pm – 5pm) AEST, to talk with a counsellor about any health and wellbeing matter. The Health Information Line is a free information and referral service for Queensland women.
Programs, apps and tools
- Free online yoga and mindfulness classes
- Professional development and education
- Ally network and other programs
- Violence prevention program