As one of the peak consumer bodies for diabetes in Australia, they have a long history of working with their members, creating a shared around all types of diabetes and its complications.
Diabetes NSW also have:
- a dedicated Infoline: 1300 136 588
- statewide support group network available to members
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) specific education and support services
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) community services
- paediatric services focusing on the needs of babies, young people and adolescents who have diabetes, as well as those who care for them
- health professional education and training services.