The organisation aims to make things easier for all people living with diabetes across NSW and the ACT. Its priority is the health and wellbeing of the diabetes community and the provides programs, services and information to help them live happy and fulfilling lives.
Vision and mission
A life without the complications of diabetes.
By supporting people living with, and at risk of diabetes, every step of the way.
How Diabetes NSW & ACT can help
Services provided by the organisation include:
- educational information, events and services for people living with diabetes and their carers
- educational support for health professionals
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education and support services
- culturally and linguistically diverse ('CALD') information and support services
- advocacy and support services to improve understanding of diabetes in workplaces and the broader community
Free helpline providing access to qualified health professionals
- Call 1300342238 Mon to Fri, 8:30am to 5pm AEST
Programs and apps
- As1 Diabetes – information and resources to help kids, teens, parents, teachers and carers understand type 1 diabetes and how to manage it.
- Kids Camps – Events for children and teenagers recently diagnosed or living with type 1 diabetes helping them to create connections and learn how to confidently manage their diabetes.
- Psychology on call service – Free phone based advice and counselling service available to people living with diabetes and their carers.
- Carer training – Workshops for non-parental carers designed to equip them with the knowledge and skills they need to confidently care for kids living with type 1 diabetes.
- Teacher training - Seminars for teachers and early childhood carers equipping them with the knowledge and skills they need to confidently care for kids living with type 1 diabetes.