BrainLink’s first priority is to respond to the immediate needs of the families and friends of those who are living with an acquired brain disorder. Some of these conditions include stroke, head injuries, brain tumour and progressive neurological diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Muscular Dystrophy, Motor Neurone disease and Huntington’s disease.
The services BrainLink offer include:
- a first point of call for families at onset of diagnosis
- education support programs for carers and families
- respite opportunities
- specialised case management for individuals with severe brain disorders
- information and resources
- a referral service to assist the community in navigating the disability service sector.