Are you feeling overwhelmed by all the information out there on mental health? Then start with mindhealthconnect.
mindhealthconnect aggregates mental health content from the leading health focused organisations in Australia. You’ll find supportive and unbiased resources that can help you or someone close to you, make informed choices about mental health.
mindhealthconnect initially focused on the three most common mental health issues affecting Australians, depression, stress and anxiety, and has continued to grow, delivering a broader range of mental health disorders, issues and topics.
Whether you are looking for information and support for yourself or someone you know, mindhealthconnect is a convenient and confidential service to help you make the right mental health choices, or give you the confidence to support someone you care about.
mindhealthconnect is funded by the Australian Government and operated by Healthdirect Australia.
How it works
mindhealthconnect offers you a pathway to the right mental health resources and support. You can:
- Access trusted 24/7 phone support from our partners
- Find relevant and safe mental health information, including online programs, fact sheets, audio and video resources and online support groups
- Use the mental health topics and disorders A-Z so you can quickly locate resources on a wide range of mental health issues
- Share experiences with others through trusted online communities, chat and counselling services
- Browse our partners, leading Australian health organisations, to find support tailored to your needs.
Trusted information and resources
We work with leading health organisations in Australia, including beyondblue, MindSpot, Sane Australia, Lifeline, Mental Health Online, headspace and ReachOut.com, to provide safe and high quality resources for you.
Our information partners complete an assessment process overseen by corporate and clinical governance advisors, ensuring you’ll find only trusted and safe information.
Other useful services
- Search healthdirect's trusted health information online or speak to a registered nurse on 1800 022 222.
- To help you find health services in your area, search the National Health Services Directory.
- For advice and support for expecting and new parents call the Pregnancy, Birth and Baby helpline on 1800 882 436 or visit the Pregnancy, Birth and Baby website.
Explore mindhealthconnect now at www.mindhealthconnect.org.au and take your first step in the journey to mental wellness.
Last reviewed: February 2014