People are usually not aware that they have liver cancer until the disease is advanced.
Symptoms of liver cancer that you might notice include:
- unexplained drop in weight
- loss of appetite
- nausea and vomiting
- pain in your upper right abdomen
- swelling of the abdomen (ascites)
- yellowing of skin and eyes (jaundice)
- pale, chalky bowel motions
- feeling weak or tired
Your doctor may also find you have an enlarged liver and spleen.
If there is a tumour in your liver, it could be benign (non-cancerous) or cancerous.
Last reviewed: June 2017