• YASS provides safe and secure crisis accommodation to young people aged 15 to 18 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness for up to 12 weeks (although longer stays can be negotiated).
• In addition to offering stable accommodation, it provides young people with independent living skills, emotional support and informal counselling as required. YASS also liaises with other agencies to support young people into long-term accommodation.
Young Parents' Program
• This program provides safe, secure, affordable medium-term accommodation to assist disadvantaged young people aged 16 to 25 - some of whom are young parents with children - to transition into independent living.
• YASS provides a free financial counselling service to young people aged 15 to 25. Primarily offered to people already benefiting from Mission Australia's services, but also the wider community, this service assists budgeting and debts appeals and provides financial information, including referrals to legal representation if required.
• Assistance is also given to help clients acquire financial support from agencies such as Centrelink.
• Any young person who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
• Must be 15 – 25 years old and homeless or at immediate risk of becoming homeless