Public holidays:View holiday hours Hide holiday hours
New Year's Day: 01 January 2020 Closed
Australia Day: 27 January 2020 Closed
Good Friday: 10 April 2020 Closed
Easter Saturday: 11 April 2020 Closed
Easter Sunday: 12 April 2020 Closed
Easter Monday: 13 April 2020 Closed
Anzac Day: 25 April 2020 Closed
May Day: 04 May 2020 Closed
Queen's Birthday - NT: 08 June 2020 Closed
Picnic Day: 03 August 2020 Closed
Christmas Day: 25 December 2020 Closed
Boxing Day: 28 December 2020 Closed
Billing: Other Option
Assists older Australians to find aged care services and housing options through the Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged, or ACHA program. The ACHA program is funded by the Department of Social Services (DSS) through the Commonwealth Home Support (CHSP) program.
If you or your carer is an older person with support needs who is living in rental accommodation or living in insecure accommodation or is homeless in Alice Springs, then you will be eligible to access this free referral service.
ACHA can assist in the following ways:
- help you access local existing home and community care services
- discuss with you your care and housing options
- refer you to Aged Care Assessment Teams (ACAT) for home care packages
- refer you to Home and Community Care (HACC) services program
- refer you to appropriate health related services
- negotiate with services on your behalf to find appropriate accommodation, and
- assist you to access accommodation-related financial or legal assistance, for example rent relief, bond assistance, tenancy advice and legal services.