134 Palmerston Street, PERTH, WA, 6000
Today's opening hours:
- Monday: 9am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
- Thursday: 9am - 4:30pm
- Friday: 9am - 4:30pm
Public holidays: View holiday hours Hide holiday hours
New Year's Day:
01 January 2020
27 January 2020
02 March 2020
10 April 2020
11 April 2020
12 April 2020
13 April 2020
25 April 2020
Western Australia Day:
01 June 2020
28 September 2020
25 December 2020
28 December 2020
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit organisation supporting people with alcohol and other drug (AOD) issues in Western Australia.
Our services are free, confidential and everyone is welcome.
• Assessment and referral
• Counselling and support for adults, youth and families
• Single session counselling
• A family program
• Support for people with both mental health and alcohol and other drug concerns
• Support for local communities through prevention and community development activities
• Counselling and support services for court diversion clients
• Group support, educational and therapeutic programs
• Continuing care programs including SMART groups
• Assessment services for Palmerston Farm therapeutic community residential program
Family counselling provides much needed support to families who are dealing with the drug and alcohol use of others close to them. The program also helps the family play an important role in the recovery process.
Palmerston's counsellors are skilled in helping families draw on their own wisdom to bring about positive changes in their lives.
Continuing care program
Palmerston's continuing care program offers support after the conclusion of a residential program or counselling service. Often people just want support to check in or connect with others. In recognition of this Palmerston offers:
• SMART Recovery groups
• social groups
• telephone based wellness checks
• referrals to other self-help groups
These services are supported by peer workers who have a personal experience of AOD and mental health concerns.
Evening counselling and support groups are available Monday to Thursday.
Collectively our team has a wealth of experience, including counselling, working with community groups, families and children, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and working with Aboriginal people.
How to access our service
People can refer themselves directly or be referred by other services including mental health, corrective services, child protection and general practitioners.