134 Palmerston Street, PERTH, WA, 6000
Today's opening hours:
9am - 4:30pm
- Monday: 9am - 4:30pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 8pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 8pm
- Thursday: 9am - 4:30pm
- Friday: 9am - 4:30pm
Public holidays: View holiday hours Hide holiday hours
New Year's Day:
01 January 2021
26 January 2021
Labour Day - WA:
01 March 2021
02 April 2021
03 April 2021
04 April 2021
05 April 2021
Anzac Day - WA:
25 April 2021
Anzac Day - Additional Day - WA:
26 April 2021
Western Australia Day:
07 June 2021
Queen's Birthday - WA:
27 September 2021
25 December 2021
26 December 2021
Boxing Day Additional Day:
28 December 2021
Palmerston Association is a leading and respected not for profit organisation supporting people with alcohol and other drug (AOD) issues in Western Australia.
Our services are free, confidential and everyone is welcome.
• Assessment and referral
• Counselling and support for adults, youth and families
• Single session counselling
• A family program
• Support for people with both mental health and alcohol and other drug concerns
• Support for local communities through prevention and community development activities
• Counselling and support services for court diversion clients
• Group support, educational and therapeutic programs
• Continuing care programs including SMART groups
• Assessment services for Palmerston Farm therapeutic community residential program
Family counselling provides much needed support to families who are dealing with the drug and alcohol use of others close to them. The program also helps the family play an important role in the recovery process.
Palmerston's counsellors are skilled in helping families draw on their own wisdom to bring about positive changes in their lives.
Continuing care program
Palmerston's continuing care program offers support after the conclusion of a residential program or counselling service. Often people just want support to check in or connect with others. In recognition of this Palmerston offers:
• SMART Recovery groups
• social groups
• telephone based wellness checks
• referrals to other self-help groups
These services are supported by peer workers who have a personal experience of AOD and mental health concerns.
Evening counselling and support groups are available Monday to Thursday.
Collectively our team has a wealth of experience, including counselling, working with community groups, families and children, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and working with Aboriginal people.
How to access our service
People can refer themselves directly or be referred by other services including mental health, corrective services, child protection and general practitioners.